The strategy aims to reduce waste and lead the way to a cleaner, greener and more sustainable future.
Better waste management will help protect the environment, both now and in the future.
A circular economy approach means waste is seen as a valuable resource to be reused again and again.
- supports council’s vision as ‘Australia’s most sustainable region and our target to be a zero-net emissions organisation by 2041
- focuses on providing sustainable waste management that supports our community
- aims to have well planned infrastructure and services in place, that embrace any future waste industry changes
- sets a goal to have zero waste going to landfill by 2041.
The main actions for the strategy include:
- better access to resource recovery services
- education of waste management
- move to a circular economy
- manage waste to reduce emissions
- build better value for money infrastructure.
Read the Resource Recovery Strategy (PDF, 3.5MB) to learn more.
For more information, please contact council.