Parking permits
  • Last updated:
  • 30 May 2019

Parking permits are available for various locations and purposes through the Sunshine Coast region. Approved parking permits will expire on 31 July each year, regardless of the date of purchase.

The types of permits available are:

  • Caloundra central business district pre-paid parking permit
  • War Veterans parking permit
  • Resident parking permit:
    • in the Nambour Hospital 3P area
    • in Lady Musgrave Drive at Mountain Creek
    • in Birtinya Regulated Parking Area
  • Business parking permit
  • Works parking permit

You can get parking permits from council. This includes pre-paid permits. Permits differ in the various regions of the Sunshine Coast.

You can apply for parking permits online via MyCouncil:

  • register as an online user for MyCouncil
  • click on MyCouncil Services under Personal Access
  • select Submit a new application under the Applications tile in My Dashboard
  • complete the application details and make payment where required

Or you can complete and return the parking permit application form[269KB] with the applicable fee and provide all required supporting documentation.

Caloundra pre-paid parking permits

Pre-paid parking is available in the Caloundra area. This means that drivers do not need to put money into parking meters.

Permit holders must still abide by the time limits. Drivers cannot park in loading zones or disabled parking bays without the proper permit.

The pre-paid parking permit scheme is available free of charge to eligible war veterans. Conditions apply. Refer to the application form for details.

Resident parking permits

You can apply for a time exempt permit if you live:

  • in Lady Musgrave Drive at Mountain Creek
  • Nambour Hospital 3P area
  • Birtinya Regulated Parking Area

Please note that at its October Ordinary Meeting (11 Oct 2018), council resolved to end the trial of residential parking permits in Birtinya. For more information please see councils media release.

To apply, complete and return the application form. You will need to provide documents to support your application.

New or replacement permits

To request a new permit, please contact council's customer service centre.

Change to vehicle details

As permits are vehicle specific, you must reapply for a new permit. The previous permit is not transferrable.