Filming on council land
  • Last updated:
  • 08 Nov 2019

Council is required to monitor film production on council land including:

  • feature films
  • television commercials
  • travel shows
  • cinema
  • internet
  • still photography shots.

Approval is not needed for:

  • filming on private land
  • audio and visual recording of a wedding or other private celebration or event
  • filming for a school / university project.

Council regulates film production to make sure these activities are carried out in a safe manner. It also ensures there is minimal disruption to local residents and businesses.

Compliance with council requirements will ensure that public health and safety is protected during film production.

For more information please visit the Toolbox website.