Neighbourhood and community centres are a great place to make new friends and find support.
Drop into your nearest centre for a chat. Friendly staff will help you find services and support to help you settle into the Sunshine Coast.
You can also meet new people and become involved in events, projects and programs that focuses on your well-being.
Nambour Community Centre, 2 Shearer Street Nambour, phone (07) 5441 4724
- Settlement program providing free help for permanent residents who have arrived in the past five years.
- Cultural connections program - connect with others and develop skills through a range of programs, events and activities.
- Diverse Queensland Workforce program provides one on one support to help build skills and confidence to find a local job.
Baringa Community Centre, 20 Edwards Terrace Caloundra West, phone (07) 5353 0503.
- Migrants Welcome Centre
- Women’s Global Hub Group on Tuesdays from 11.00am-2.00pm.
- Diverse Queensland Workforce program providing one on one support to help build skills and confidence to find a local job.
- English conversation circle on Mondays from 9.30am-11.00am.
Caloundra Community Centre, 58A Queen Street Caloundra, phone (07) 5491 4000.
Maleny Community Centre, 23 Maple Street Maleny, phone (07) 5429 6043.
Maroochydore Neighbourhood Centre, 2 Fifth Avenue Cotton Tree, phone (07) 5443 6696.