- Last updated:
- 27 Mar 2019
This 4.8 hectare parcel of land located directly south of the Buderim Village Park was the last of four acquisitions made through the Environment Levy in 2016. This brought the year’s land acquisition tally to more than 100 hectares of high value local habitat.
This property will assist to protect important urban vegetation communities and secure the connection to nearby environmental reserves such Barnes Drive Bushland Reserve. Council officers are excited to undertake further flora and fauna surveys of the site to better understand its ecological contribution which will direct how to best preserve and manage this property into the future.
Fast Facts: King Street, Buderim
- Mooloolah River catchment
- Purchased December 2016
- 4.8 hectares
- contributes to the broader Buderim conservation estate;
- protects priority rainforest vegetation (hoop pine vine forest);
- contains vulnerable plant species toothed kamala (Mallotus megadontus); and
- consolidates Barnes Drive Bushland Reserve.