Development.i provides you with access to past and current application details and basic property information for the Sunshine Coast local government area.
Note: the system does not replace council's official property searches. If you are undertaking development or building certification, it is recommended that council property searches are sought. These may include (but not limited to) building information searches, planning and development certificates and flood information searches.
Basic property information available includes:
- property number, legal description (lot and plan) and land number
- latest council aerials
- land area
- town planning notations, including notations from specific planning conditions applicable to the site from relevant development approvals over the land parcel. This is not an exhaustive list of property notations against this site
- past and current applications over a property
- links to council's Development.i Site Report to retrieve:
- contour details
- planning scheme zoning and overlays
- general flooding information.
Development.i can be used to find applications lodged to Sunshine Coast Council since 2007. Specifically:
- development applications from 1 January 2007 (including documents). If the application decision type says "council", you can view the relevant report by searching council's meeting minutes.
- building applications and referrals from 1 January 2007 (excluding documents)
- plumbing applications and referrals from 1 January 2016 (excluding documents)
- some development approvals issued before 1 January 2007 that have related:
- plans of development
- building envelopes
- site-specific building conditions.
For these approvals, decision packages have been created and are available. Please note that approvals issued before 2007 are not exhaustive and a standard planning and development certificate should be requested.
This list does not include applications lodged under the provisions of the Economic Development Act 2012 with respect to the Caloundra South Priority Development Area (Aura) and Maroochydore City Centre Priority Development Area. Visit the web links to get an overview of the approval process for these areas and how to get further information.
Document availability and accessibility
Development.i provides access to documents and plans related to core development applications. Core applications include:
- material change of use
- operational works
- master planned communities
- reconfiguring a lot.
Documents are not published for private certification building approvals and plumbing applications for privacy, security and copyright reasons.
General building and plumbing approval extracts, certificates and compliance can be obtained through a formal property search and payment of relevant search fees. Visit council's property searches web page for more detail.
If you have issues viewing documents, refer to the Development.i viewing documents and troubleshooting fact sheet (DOCX, 917KB).