- Last updated:
- 10 Mar 2020
Development.i is council's new way to stay informed of all development applications in the Sunshine Coast local government area.
It provides users with easy access to past and current applications details and basic property information, so it's easy for you to:
- keep informed about what is happening in your area
- prepare applications, or
- make a submission to the council on an impact assessable application.
Development.i replaces council's previous PD Online application tracking system. It provides all the same information but in a much more accessible way.
In addition to features provided by PD Online, the new system allows users on any device to:
- track, and
- be alerted to applications.
Development.i has been developed by Sunshine Coast Council, with the assistance of the Queensland Government's Planning Act 2016 Innovation and Improvement Fund. It is the first free public application of its kind in Queensland, and amongst one of the first in Australia.
What information is available?
There are three types of information available:
- application, and
- some application documents.
Important: the system does not replace council's property searches. If you are undertaking conveyancing, development or building certification it is recommended that council property searches are sought. These may include, but not limited to:
- building information searches
- planning and development certificates, and
- flood information searches.
What role do I play in the Queensland planning system?
As a member of the community, there are many ways to be involved in the Queensland planning system, including:
- contributing to local plan making. To find out about past or upcoming amendments to the planning scheme, visit amendments to the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014
- responding to impact assessable development applications that require public notification and allow for properly made submissions to be received
- participating in state planning consultation
Visit the State government planning website for more information, including:
Help with Development.i
For more information, refer to:
- overview videos and user guide available on how to use Development.i
- Development.i FAQs
- guidance on the terms used in the system available in the site glossary, or
- for help or to view applications in person, contact council's development services.
Development.i is supported by most modern web browsers. Browsers that have not be updated for some time may experience problems with opening documents or the way web pages display.
Terms and conditions
Please note that council's full terms and conditions apply when using Development.i.