- Last updated:
- 08 Nov 2018
Council can hold a variety of performance bonds. This is to ensure development and building works are completed.
Sometimes an applicant will lodge a cash bond or bank guarantee to ensure compliance with certain conditions on an approval. When the conditions have been met to satisfaction, the cash bond or guarantee can be released.
Types of bonds
- House removal security (building)
- Roadworks and drainage maintenance
- Landscaping maintenance
- Bio-basin maintenance
- Revegetation/rehabilitation performance
- Uncompleted roadworks and drainage
- Uncompleted landscaping.
Payment of bonds
Various bonds attract different fees. These fees are listed in the bond lodgement form and council's fees and charges.
Payment of the applicable fee applies at the time of the bond lodgement.
All bonds, including bank guarantees, must be accompanied by the relevant form. It must be the original signed form:
The form ensures council has the necessary details to:
- register bonds against the correct development or building works, and
- return the bond to the correct entity upon completion of works.
For more assistance, please contact council's development services.