- Last updated:
- 27 Aug 2020
Council hosts a range of civic and community events as well as festivals throughout the year. These events include:
- New Year’s Eve Mooloolaba
- Sunshine Coast Australia Day Awards
- Australian Citizenship Ceremonies
- Horizon Festival
- Caloundra Music Festival
- and more.
To ensure the smooth running of these events and an enjoyable experience for guests, the community is encouraged to take part by volunteering. From time to time, Council's Community Festivals and Events team will reach out for enthusiastic volunteers to fill roles such as:
- audience meet and greet
- site set up and pack down
- information booth & customer service
- ticket scanning & gate operations
- traffic & parking
- programs distribution
- artist liaison and stage management
- ticket sales
Council's events volunteers are hard-working, enthusiastic individuals; some of the necessary experience and skills include:
- excellent customer service and communication skill
- personable and approachable
- hard working
- professional, mature and well presented
- capable of working in a team
- flexible availability
- must be 16 years of age at time of event.
Experience working in events is great but not essential.
If you would like to register to receive notification of upcoming volunteer opportunities, you can do so through council's volunteer management system.
Contact us for more information.