- Last updated:
- 15 Aug 2018
Each year the Sunshine Coast hosts around 40 state, national and international, sporting, lifestyle and music events. The region welcomes over 120,000 guests, many of who will stay after the event and enjoy all the coast has to offer. To ensure the smooth running of these events and an enjoyable stay for guests, council encourages the community to take part by volunteering.
Various locations across the Sunshine Coast.
Council’s festival team is looking for enthusiastic people to fill these roles:
- Audience meet and greet
- Site set up and pack down
- Information booth & customer service
- Ticket scanning & gate operations
- Traffic & parking
- Programs distribution
- Artist liaison
- Box office
Council needs hard-working, enthusiastic individuals to help run its exciting events. Here are some of the skills and experience necessary for the above roles:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Personable and approachable
- Fluent in English
- Physically capable – required for some roles
- Able bodied – roles may require standing for long periods
- Hard working
- Professional, mature and well presented
- Able to show initiative
- Capable of working in a team
- Flexible availability
- Must be 16 years of age at time of event.
Experience working in the events sector is a great asset, however anyone can apply.
How to apply
You can register your interest for upcoming volunteer opportunities through the MyVolunteerPage.com website.
Horizon is a multi-arts festival. It runs over ten days with events in:
- visual art
- immersive technologies.
The festival celebrates its local artists. They look to build on talents alongside Australian and international guests. The events expose audiences to unique arts experiences. For more information on the festival visit the Horizon website.
Volunteers are used to set-up, pack down and in operational roles. Apply to volunteer.