- Last updated:
- 13 Jan 2020
Bankfoot House is nationally significant. It is an ordinary Australian home with extraordinary pioneering beginnings. It evolved through three generations of the same family. Each generation was concerned with recording and preserving the family history.
Location1998 Old Gympie Road, Glasshouse Mountains
Volunteer roles include:
- tour guide for the public
- tour guide for school groups and students
- event program planning and delivery
- conservation of the property and collection items
- cataloguing of collection items
Volunteers train in a range of museum skills and preservation tasks. Training provided by qualified heritage experts.
Volunteers become members of the Sunshine Coast Cultural Heritage Network. They are invited to attend free workshops and social functions.
Blue Card recommended for guiding school tours.
How to apply
Sign up online to apply to volunteer at Bankfoot House.