- Last updated:
- 21 Dec 2020
Impacted services due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
To protect our community and our staff from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Cemetery Services respectfully requests all customers to contact Cemetery Services by telephone on (07) 5459 2300 prior to visiting our Kulangoor Office in person.
Great comfort can be found in placing a memorial as a tribute to a loved one. It provides a place of remembrance, a place for grieving and healing, and a record of a loved one’s life.
Sunshine Coast Council offers a range of memorials which meet individual needs and allow a personalised tribute to a loved one. Council can assist with placing a memorial or you may choose to engage an independent monumental mason to guide you through the process to place a memorial on your behalf. Your monumental mason will be aware of the requirements for placing a memorial in a council cemetery.
To progress the placement of a memorial please either:
- Review and complete the Application for Installation of Plaque or Headstone.
For further assistance please:
- Contact council’s Cemetery Office on (07) 5459 2300 to make an appointment, or
- Visit the office in person at Kulangoor Cemetery located 31-89 Ackerman Road, Kulangoor.
Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, submitted in person at the office, or lodged at any of council’s customer contact centres.
Applications may also be posted to Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre, QLD 4560.
- Engage an independent monumental mason who will be able to guide you through the process for placing a memorial in a council cemetery.
Please note that the family or representative of the deceased remains responsible for the maintenance of plaques, memorials and monuments. Many of council’s cemeteries permit only certain styles, design and dimensions of memorials. Council can provide further guidance in this regard if required.
Maintenance of existing Memorials
Council or your monumental mason can perform significant maintenance and repair work on your behalf to an existing memorial subject to an application and approval.
Minor cosmetic repair and cleaning can be performed by the family after informing council through a Notice of Intent application.
Memorial installation options
Memorial and monumental works forms
- Application for Installation of Plaque or Headstone
- Application to Reserve Ashes Site
- Application to Reserve Burial Site
- Application for Monumental Works
- Notice of Intention for minor adjustments or repairs to existing memorials
- Burial rights holder approval form