- Last updated:
- 05 Sep 2022
Sunshine Coast Cemeteries offers a range of services to the community.
The Sunshine Coast Cemetery Plan 2019-2028 was adopted by council at its Ordinary Meeting on 19 September 2019. The plan provides strategic direction to guide the effective management of council's cemetery network and ensure ongoing service excellence to the community.
- Services are available each day of the week. Special arrangements and charges apply for weekend services.
- Funeral Directors can contact council during business hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm on telephone 5459 2300 for bookings and enquiries.
- Chairs and shade are provided for convenience and comfort.
- Historic records are held on council's computer system.
- Online burial bookings can be made by Funeral Directors only.
An outdoor chapel within the grounds of the Kulangoor Cemetery is available for public use. It provides an alternative location to an indoor church or chapel service.
The following applications are available for you:
- Application to reserve ashes site (DOCX, 252KB)
- Application to reserve burial site (DOCX, 252KB)
- Funeral directors only: Request a burial
- Funeral directors only: Burial rights holder confirmation (DOCX, 219KB)
Use the Cemeteries Locality Guide to locate a cemetery on the Sunshine Coast.
Answers to your questions
Sunshine Coast Cemeteries have compiled the following information in response to frequently asked questions.
- Graves are prepared so that two adults can be interred (burial or cremation).
- Fresh flowers may be placed on graves. Artificial flowers, tins, jars and other containers are not allowed.
- Planting trees or shrubs near the grave is not allowed.
- Only one plaque may be placed on a gravesite. Placement can be arranged soon after the burial.
- Plaques and memorials can only be ordered by either:
- the person who purchased the gravesite
- the person who handled the arrangements
- an authorised person or executor.
- Full payment is required before the final order for the memorial is placed. Payments can be made by telephone, online, by mail or by cash or cheque at council's customer service centres (details are on all invoices).
- Before any works relating to installation or repairs can be undertaken within a cemetery, an application must be made to council.
- All monumental and repair works must be done by qualified trade persons with appropriate insurances.
Office hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like more information on the Sunshine Coast community cemeteries' services and products, please contact the cemeteries office direct:
Sunshine Coast Council
Kulangoor Memorial Sanctuary
MS 1985 31-89 Ackerman Road
Kulangoor via Nambour Qld 4560
Phone: (07) 5459 2300 International prefix +6 17