- Last updated:
- 26 Oct 2021
The Creative Spaces (In Residence) program was developed in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic causing loss of work for artists who have seen work, events, and exhibitions cancelled.
Visit Sub Tropic Studio, Cooma Terrace Caloundra to view the lightbox exhibition curated by Warwick Gow. Can be viewed all hours until mid 10 December 2020.
The first assignment challenged photographers to make art in a homebound setting and capture a moment in history (in time). The photographers were Aaron Chapman, Cooper Brady, Katrina Ford, Warwick Gow, Joshua Woollett and Tim Birch. They each spent one week creating a visual diary of their existence within their four walls, capturing home, everyday moments and mementos from life in the moment.
Look back on their journey below.
The second assignment challenged creative collaborators who share the same home, to create a collaborative art work, performance or installation. The collaborating artists are:
- dance/choreographer duo Courtney Scheu and Itamar Freed
- composer/singer duo siblings William and Matilda Smith
- daughter/father collaboration Mathilda and James Muller
- Mother/daughter collaboration Mieke Van den Berg and her daughters
- daughter/mother collaboration Alex and Denise Daffara
- wife/husband duo Marni and Thom Stuart
- flatmates Prudence Swann and Jakob Lydford
Check out the progress and outcomes on Instagram at creativespaces.sc.
Please complete the survey to let us know what you think.