- Last updated:
- 04 Jan 2022
Council is working in collaboration with the state government and other local governments, community groups and land holders to protect against invasive plants.
A range of programs are being delivered to:
- prevent the further spread and establishment of high priority invasive plants
- strategically control certain invasive plants to prevent spread into agricultural and natural areas
- monitor high risk areas for new invasive plant incursions
- raise awareness of the need to protect the natural environment and agriculture from invasive plants
- provide education and support to the local community on the control of invasive plants
- adopt a unified, targeted approach by working in conjunction with other stakeholders (such as local and state governments, community groups and residents).