The strategy provides an integrated framework and sets strategic directions to guide the actions of council and its partners to ensure a healthy environment and liveable Sunshine Coast to 2041.
In this rapidly changing world there will be many challenges and opportunities for our much loved Sunshine Coast way of life – increasing population, changing climate, economic growth and emerging technologies.
By identifying the key challenges and harnessing the opportunities that will present over the next 25 years, the strategy sets a course for proactive action through the setting of policy positions, targets and identification of transformational actions that aim to:
- maintain and nurture our natural environment
- respond to the challenge of population growth
- build resilience against the potential impacts of climate change
- create liveable spaces and places to live, work and play
- drive renewable energy, efficiency and technical know-how
- live up to the expectations of future generations.
The strategy consists of three parts:
- Part A (PDF, 1930KB): strategic directions (vision, guiding principles, policy positions)
- Part B (PDF, 998.4KB): five-year implementation plan (transformational actions)
- Part C (PDF, 10593KB): network plan (technical detail and desired standards of service).
For more information about the environment and liveability strategy, please contact council.