Council is required to comply with any public health directives issued by the Queensland Government where they are applicable to council owned and operated venues and facilities.
The Queensland Government’s public health and social measures linked to vaccination status direction will be in place from 5am on Friday 17 December 2021 for people aged 16 and over.
Please note, that in line with this direction, vaccinated and unvaccinated customers and staff will be permitted at the following Sunshine Coast Council facilities:
- customer contact counters
- aquatic centres
- waste facilities
- public amenities
- council holiday parks
- community facilities such as community centres and halls (density limits will continue to apply)
- outdoor community events such as Christmas carols in the park and New Year’s Eve fire works
- indoor sports centres, like the Caloundra Indoor Stadium (density limits will continue to apply).
The mandatory vaccination requirements in the direction will apply to customers attending and staff working at:
- events held in council indoor entertainment facilities such as Venue 114
- major sporting matches and other events with 5000 or more visitors held at the Sunshine Coast Stadium
- council owned and operated galleries, museums and historic sites such as the Caloundra Regional Gallery and Bankfoot House at Glass House Mountains
- cultural festivals, art festivals and music festivals, where ticketed entry applies.
Council will continue to act in accordance with the latest health advice and the community will be advised of any changes.
For more information visit the Queensland Government’s public health and social measures.