- Last updated:
- 17 Sep 2021
DANCE.HERE.NOW. is a three year dance development initiative lead by council. This initiative is in partnership with dance sector professionals. It will create more opportunities to experience dance and get more people dancing across the Sunshine Coast. It's focus is on increasing participation, professional practice, programming, networks and spaces for dance through partnerships, collaboration and new approaches.
Funded through the Regional Arts Development Fund it has the support of key internal and external partners. These include Ausdance Queensland, Healthy Sunshine Coast, Horizon Festival and LJProjects.
Current Dance Opportunities
Channelled Impulse is a new residency program with choreographer and dance opportunities. It is initiated by LJ Projects in partnership with Dance. Here. Now. The program aims to support dance artists in innovative dance making to:
- build their professional network
- exchange with others in the field
- develop their practice while generating new knowledge.
Across the program, Channelled Impulse invites two dance artists to work and collaborate with emerging dancers to create a new dance work.
As a choreographing artist you will be grouped with a selection of young dancers in the region. The purpose being an exploration of new ideas and creation of a new short work. The residency involves a two week rehearsal period with a public showing at the end of the development. Throughout the residency industry mentors will visit, to work with and support the artists in their process.
The application is divided into two sections:
- one for choreographers
- This is an opportunity to create and play with a full company of dancers. This call is open to dance artists with demonstrable experience in choreography. Applicants should come with an excitement and willingness to collaborate and share knowledge between artists. Artists are to take care of their own insurances. Selected artists must be able to commit to the proposed residency dates. Emerging choreographers are encouraged to apply.
- one for emerging performing artists.
- If you have practiced experience in contemporary dance and are hoping to participate in a full time creative process this is a perfect for you. Artists must be a minimum age of 14 with an intermediate level of dance technique behind them. They will need to come with a willingness to develop new skills and collaborate with their selected choreographer. They will need to be available for the duration of the residency. Emerging dancers are encouraged to apply.
Application Open: 7 September
Application Deadline: 25 October
Dates: 6-17 December Monday-Friday 9am - 3pm
Location: 131 Currie St Nambour (entrance at 34 Howard St driveway).
Dance Development Steering Group
The Dance Development Steering Group is a group of dance professionals created to support the DANCE.HERE.NOW initiative. Membership currently consists of: