- Last updated:
- 28 Jan 2022
ArtsCoast Residencies take around twelve residencies per year at a minimum of four different spaces. These residencies are generally seasonal.
Residencies are open to any artist interested in developing their work.
As part of the ArtsCoast Residencies program, the expectation is that you will take part in the mentorship program. This program includes one-on-one and group sessions with respected local and national mentors. It will provide you with the opportunity to connect with other artists and take part in mentoring and peer dialogue.
To support your residency, a contribution towards artist fees, materials and other expenses may apply. Successful artists will work collaboratively with ArtsCoast to potentially promote, document and contribute to a public outcome such as workshop, exhibition, or artist talk.
The one month residencies are located at:
- The Lock Up: 4 First Avenue, Maroochydore. The Lock Up is down the road from Cotton Tree beach. With a coffee shop on site, this unusual, light space is an unexpected studio. Lock yourself in a cell or take advantage of the larger, open plan room. You can create large scale works or spill outside into an undercover carport with steps, forming a small amphitheater.
- The Arts and Ecology Centre: 51 Palm Creek Rd, Tanawha. The Arts and Ecology Centre is a unique creative studio and workshop venue set in the beautiful Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden. This tranquil and contemporary venue offers a multipurpose room, a wet and a dry workshop surrounded by informal outdoor gardens.
- Caloundra Lighthouse: Canberra Terrace, Caloundra. The 1968 signal station, is a reinforced concrete structure with 47 stairs to the top. There, you will find spectacular views of ships entering Moreton Bay, with the sand cliffs of Moreton Island behind. Look the other way and the Glass House Mountains are laid out before you. This small and inviting space offers a tranquil opportunity for writers or low impact artists to create.
- 2nd Space Nambour: 131 Currie Street, Nambour. 2nd space is a beautiful spacious performance/dance studio in the heart of Nambour.
One year residency
- Sub Tropic Studio: 23 Cooma Terrace, Caloundra. This space is part of the reimagined bus interchange. It is large secure area with duel access doors.
- Makers Space: located across from 2nd Space, Nambour at 131 Currie Street, Nambour. This large carpeted workroom has natural light and is secure.
We run 2 expressions of interest per year. The expression of interest process is currently closed.
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com.