Got a story to tell? Get started with these podcasting 101 workshops. Sessions will focus on:
- What makes a popular podcast – finding a story or topic
- Research, delivery and interview techniques
- Production – mics and equipment, what gear is needed, and understanding sound (including capturing atmosphere)
- Post-production and editing
- Podcast hosting and more.
Join Brooke Evelyn, Production Coordinator at 4ZZZ and freelance sound engineer to focus on content creation and presentation skills along with giving an overview of what you need to get started with your own podcast.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Friday 14 May, 9am–3pm
|Saturday 22 May, 9am–3pm
$50 per person. Registration essential and no refunds provided. Light refreshments provided. BYO lunch.
View event terms and conditions.
COVID-19 event information
• Under Queensland Government restrictions, customers must provide their contact details to library staff when entering the library.
• Customers are required to act on the advice of library staff, observe social distancing and practice good hygiene.
• Customers must be in good health prior to attending the session. If you feel unwell, cancel your registration and do not attend the event.
More information on COVID-19 in Libraries.
Learn more about podcasting
In the studio? Download tips and tricks with these eBooks:
- Podcasting for dummies by Tee Morris
- Don’t keep your day job: how to turn your passion into your career by Cathy Heller
To get started, download the ePlatform and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Online podcast learning tools and tech tips:
- How to Edit a Podcast in Audacity
- Podcast recording for beginners
- Podcast Production Studio overview
- Make your own podcast
Listen on the go to these top six podcasts for content inspiration:
- Hamish and Andy
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- Teacher’s Pet
- This American Life
- WTF with Mark Maron
Search for these free podcast titles and more on your preferred podcast provider.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.