Have you decided to write the great Australian non-fiction book? It is a dream for many to see their experiences in print. Discover how to create a clear map of steps involved in editing, cover design, publishing and promotion.
Find out how to develop a strategy for promoting your book so it can be seen in all the right places. Learn how to write a quality book to gain a competitive edge in the market.
Join Cathryn Mora from Change Empire Books to find out how to start - and finish - the writing process.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
||Monday 19 April, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
|Beerwah Community Hall
||Tuesday 20 April, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
||Friday 23 April, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
Free. Limited spaces available per workshop. Registration essential.
COVID-19 event information
- Under Queensland Government restrictions, customers must provide their contact details to library staff when entering the library.
- Customers are required to act on the advice of library staff, observe social distancing and practice good hygiene.
- Customers must be in good health prior to attending the session. If you feel unwell, cancel your registration and do not attend the event.
More information on COVID-19 in Libraries.
More great info to get you started
You know what they say – truth is stranger than fiction. Are you an avid non-fiction reader? Whether it is bingeing on true-crime, biographies or travel stories, non-fiction is fabulous way to absorb life from around the globe.
This genre can be informative, entertaining and educational. Library members are huge fans having borrowed non-fiction titles 1,311,003 times!
Dive into 10 of the best-selling non-fiction titles of all time:
- In cold blood by Truman Capote
- I know why the caged bird sings by Maya Angelou
- The art of war by Sun Zi
- The omnivore’s dilemma by Michael Pollan
- The diary of a young girl by Anne Frank
- Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig
- A brief history of time by Stephen Hawking
- How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
- All the president’s men by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape
Libraries members have borrowed creative writing titles 1,541 times! If you are deep in the middle of the dreaded writer’s block, check out the huge range of how-to write titles to get you back on the page.
Brand new non-fiction titles on eBook:
- An Alice girl by Tanya Heaslip
- Bobby Fischer rediscovered: revised and updated edition by Andrew Soltis
- Bush school by Peter O’Brien
- The book of Rosy: a mother’s story of separation at the border by Rosayra Pablo Cruz
- A convenient death: the mysterious demise of Jeffrey Epstein by Alana Goodman and Daniel Halper
Borrow up to 30 eBooks on your device. To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password. Need help setting up your device for eBooks? Watch this video tutorial.
Real words, real life – right in your ears with these eAudiobooks:
- The schoolgirl strangler by Katherine Kovacic
- The last lighthouse keeper by John Cook
- The outpost by Jake Tapper
- Son of the brush by Tim Olson
Get started on your masterpiece with these writing eMagazines:
To get started using free eMagazines download the RBdigital app, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Listen on the go with these writing-related podcasts:
- The Creative Nonfiction podcast with Brendan O’Meara
- Book Fight
- Between the Covers: conversations with writers in fiction, nonfiction and poetry
- The Editing Podcast
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.
Love the program? Complete the online survey.