If you are one of those kind of throw-all-the-ingredients-in-and-blend types, this is the session for you.
- Discover the many flavour combinations you can create for healthy eating.
- Find out how to make food that enhances your health.
- Learn about how different dried fruits adds flavour and how nut free ones can be made with sunflower seeds or pepitas for school friendly snacks.
Join Daneyl Green from Mix Taste Eat for a demonstration of making healthy snacks using staple items from your pantry.
Register quick! Limited spaces available per workshop.
|Location||Date and Time||Registration|
|Nambour||Monday 10 May, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
|Caloundra||Wednesday 12 May, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
|Maroochydore||Friday 14 May, 10.00-11.30am||Register|
Free. Registration essential.
COVID-19 event information
• Under Queensland Government restrictions, customers must provide their contact details to library staff when entering the library.
• Customers are required to act on the advice of library staff, observe social distancing and practice good hygiene.
• Customers must be in good health prior to attending the session. If you feel unwell, cancel your registration and do not attend the event.
More information on COVID-19 in Libraries.
If you love to get 'hands-on' in the kitchen, then bliss balls can be a time lifesaver. There is no limit to how many flavour combinations can be created for these healthy snacks.
Library members have loaned healthy eating titles 35,459 times! Hungry? It is time to get rollin’.
Tuck into these healthy treats on eBook:
- Energy Bites: High protein recipes for increased vitality and wells by Kate Turner
- Energy Balls: Improve your physical performance, mental focus, sleep, mood and more by Christal Sczebel
- Supernatural everyday by Heidi Swanson
- Gluten-free, sugar-free cooking: Over 200 delicious recipes to help you live a healthier, allergy-free life by Susan O’Brien.
To get started download the ePlatform by Wheelers and Libby apps. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and passwords.
Feel some serious snack inspiration with these healthy eating eMagazines:
- Healthy Food Guide
- YOU Healthy Delights
- Eat Well
- Wellbeing Food
Get started using free eMagazines online or download the Libby app. Select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
Stream food documentaries on Beamafilm:
- Food Chains: Exposing the human cost in our food supply
- Growing Change: How to grow a fair and sustainable food system
- Magic Harvest: Growing food right out your back door
- Seed the Untold Story: Follows the keepers protecting our food legacy
First time Beamafilm customer? Enter your library member number and create a Beamafilm account.
Listen on the go with these healthy eating podcasts:
Search for these free podcast titles and more in your preferred podcast provider.
On the web
Fill up on bliss ball goodness with these blogs:
- Cranberry and Pistachio Bliss Balls | Mix Taste Eat
- Bliss Balls: 6 healthy ways | Kayla Itsines
- Chunky Choc Bliss Balls | TIFFXO
- Salted Caramel Bliss Balls | It’s Not Complicated Recipes
Love the program? Complete the online survey.