Inspired by SAS Australia and want to up your fitness? Sometimes the 9-5 grind of daily life can get in the way of a good workout. Instead, save it up for weekend to get sweaty with shorter bursts of high intensity interval training (HIIT) and sessions.
Whether it is a Mooloolaba Spit run, hiking the hinterland trails or using one of the many bike paths available, there are many parks available to get active in. Or choose from park gyms, personal trainers or group activities to enjoy all of the outdoor benefits of Sunshine Coast living.
Sunshine Coasters have turned out in the thousands to compete in events like Tough Mudder, the Colour Run, triathlons, marathons, and charity walks. They are also proud to support local CrossFit world champions like Tia-Clair Toomey and Bella Vallejo. Health and fitness plays a big part in our community and lifestyle.
So, what does a weekend warrior workout look like? Experts from Men’s Health magazine created this popular workout for home or outdoors:
- 15 minute light jog
- Rest 2 for 3 minutes
- 50 Pull ups
- 100 Push ups
- 200 Squats
- Complete exercises 2, 3, and 4 as quickly as possible
- Finish with a 15 minute light jog
Want a next level weekend workout? See Chris Hemsworth’s outdoor training regime.
No coin required, just time and grit. Get it done and enjoy the rest of your weekend! The great thing about working out is that you do not need a lot of cash or expertise to start.
Library members have loaned workout themed items 14,185 times! Reserve one of these cracking titles to get your sweat on at home or outdoors. #weekendWarrior #sweatSession
Reserve these DVDs to smash out a workout at home:
- Jillian Michaels volume 5: Killer Fitness
- Denise Austin: 3 of the best workout programs in one pack, get fit daily dozen
- Konga: the ultimate full body workout
- Tracy Anderson: targeted training: boot camp
Get up off the lounge with these sweat-fest leaders on eBooks:
- The bikini body motivation and habits guide by Kayla Itsines
- First: what it takes to win by Rich Froning
- Chasing excellence: a story about building the world’s fittest athletes by Ben Bergeron
- The badass body diet by Christmas Abbott
- Embrace the suck: what I learned at the box about hard work, very sore muscles and burpees before sunrise by Stephen Madden
- Commando Steve: no excuses by Steve Willis
To get started, download the ePlatform and Libby apps, select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
On the move? Take these free fitness reads with you anywhere:
- Men’s Fitness: the best 50 high intensity workouts
- Women’s Fitness
- HIIT: a beginners guide
- Men’s Fitness
- Total Training Guide
- Military Fitness
- Men’s Health Australia
- Women’s Health and Fitness
To get started using free eMagazines select Sunshine Coast Libraries and enter your member number and password.
- The weekend warrior workout for busy lifters | Muscle and Fitness
- Five obvious signs that you might be a weekend warrior | Men’s Journal
- The weekend warrior workout: benefits and drawbacks | Vitacost
Love the program? Complete the online survey.