- Friday 30 October 2020
There are many great features Woombye and Eudlo residents love about their town, but is there anything that can be changed to further enhance the town’s centre?
Sunshine Coast Council is asking the community to have their say on streetscape improvements which will enhance both Blackall Street, Woombye and Rosebed Street, Eudlo.
Division 5 Councillor Winston Johnston said this was an equally important and exciting opportunity for locals to say what they love and what they would like to see improved for both towns in the future.
“This is a great way for residents, business owners and community groups to share their valuable local knowledge with council and tell us what would help each town become a more identifiable and enjoyable place to live, work and play,” Cr Johnston said.
“It’s about improving public spaces to strengthen Eudlo and Woombye as destinations for both locals and visitors, and also encourage more investment in arts, events and shop front improvements – another step in our quest to be a healthy, smart and creative region.”
Each town’s placemaking process includes the design of public spaces. Our community can get involved by having their say via an online survey or at a community event.
Woombye – Have Your Say
- Online survey opens today (Friday, October 30) and closes Friday November 20.
- Woombye business community, ‘Cheers and Ideas’ at the Criterion Hotel, Thursday November 12, between 5pm and 7pm.
- Community sausage sizzle and tree giveaway, front of the School of Arts Hall, Woombye, Saturday November 14, between 8am and 11am.
Eudlo – Have Your Say
- Online survey opens Friday November 6 and closes Friday November 27.
- Community sausage sizzle and tree giveaway, at the park opposite Eudlo Train Station, Saturday November 21, between 8am and 11am.
Once the surveys closes, council will gather feedback and ask the community to view the concept designs in early 2021 to make sure we have got it right.
Final designs will be produced for minor streetscape improvements, with construction anticipated to occur in the 2021/22 financial year, subject to future capital works budget considerations.
To complete the survey for either Woombye or Eudlo, or for further information, please visit haveyoursay.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.