- Wednesday 10 August 2022
Burn location: Ridges Boulevard Environment Reserve, 34 Jarrah Drive, Peregian Springs
Date: Thursday August 11, 2022
Time: approximately between 9.30am to 6pm, weather dependent.
A section of Ridges Boulevard Environment Reserve will undergo a planned burn on Thursday August 11, between 9.30am and 6pm, weather permitting, as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s Bushfire Management Program.
A 4.4 hectare section of the reserve is planned to be burnt and smoke impacts to surrounding residents and road users are expected to be minimal.
To reduce the impact on animals, a fauna corridor will be maintained for wildlife.
The reserve will be closed during burn operations and for at least a day following the burn. Please follow signage for your safety.
Smoke from the fire will be closely monitored. It is not expected to significantly affect surrounding areas however will be noticed from the following roads:
- Sunshine Motorway
- Ridges Boulevard
- Ridgeview Drive
- The Avenue
- Havana Road
- Sandhurst Cres
- Jarrah Drive
- Wallum Street
- Kurrajong Circuit
- Dornoch Way
- Parkwood Place
- Fantail Square
- Thomson Place
- Smoke plumes may be noticed from further afield.
Planned burns help to
- Reduce the amount of fuel on the ground before bushfire season
- Lessen the intensity of any subsequent wildfires
- Plant species to survive that rely on fire to regenerate.
- Any threats to life and property call 000
- Any residents affected by smoke are advised to close windows and doors, utilise air-conditioning and keep respiratory medication close at hand. Seek medical advice if you are susceptible to smoke impacts
- As a precaution, road users are advised to drive to suit conditions with the potential for smoke to reduce visibility.
Residual smoke may be experienced for up to one day.
More information on Council’s Bushfire Management Program is available at https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Environment/Bushland-Protection/Bushfire-Management