- Wednesday 21 July 2021
Planned burn Forest Oak Court Bushland Conservation Reserve, TANAWHA
Burn location: Forest Oak Court Bushland Conservation Reserve, Forest Oak Court, Tanawha
Date: Thursday 22 July 2021
Time: Approximately 10am to 3pm
A section of Forest Oak Court Bushland Conservation Reserve will undergo a prescribed burn on Thursday 22 July, 2021, between 10am and 3pm, weather permitting, as a component of Sunshine Coast Council’s Bushfire Management Program.
A 3500m2 section of land is planned to be burnt and smoke impacts to surrounding residents and road users are expected to be minimal, however the reserve will be closed during the operation.
Smoke will be noticed in immediate areas surrounding Forest Oak Bushland Conservation Reserve, including the following roads:
• Forest Oak Court
• Shady Grove
• Waterloo Court
• Tanawha Road
• Tanawha Tourist Drive
• Sippy Downs Drive
• Shannons Road
• Crosby Hill Road
• Main Creek Road
• Sunshine Motorway
• Smoke plumes may be noticed from further afield.
To reduce the impact on animals, a fauna corridor will be maintained for wildlife.
• help to reduce the amount of fuel on the ground before bushfire season
• help to lessen the intensity of any subsequent bushfires
• help plant species to survive that rely on fire to regenerate.
• Any threats to life and property call 000.
• Any residents affected by smoke are advised to close windows and doors, utilise air-conditioning and keep respiratory medication close at hand. Seek medical advice if you are susceptible to smoke impacts.
• As a precaution, road users are advised to drive to suit conditions with the potential for smoke to reduce visibility.
Residual smoke may be experienced for up to one day.