- Thursday 28 July 2022
Date: Friday July 29, 2022
Time: approximately between 9.30am to 4pm, weather dependent.
A section of Edward Corbould Environment Reserve East will undergo a planned burn on Friday July 28, between 9.30am and 4pm, weather permitting, as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s Bushfire Management Program.
A 2.5 hectare section of the reserve is planned to be burnt and smoke impacts to surrounding residents and road users are expected to be minimal.
To reduce the impact on animals, a fauna corridor will be maintained for wildlife.
The reserve will be closed during burn operations and for at least a day following the burn. Please follow signage for your safety.
Smoke from the fire will be closely monitored. It is not expected to significantly affect surrounding areas however will be noticed from the following roads:• Caloundra Road
• Pierce Avenue
• Lexington Drive
• Bell Creek Arterial Road
• Discovery Drive
• Parklands Boulevard
• Kentucky Court
• Ascot Way
• Corbould Way
• Smoke plumes may be noticed from further afield.
Planned burns help to
• Reduce the amount of fuel on the ground before bushfire season
• Lessen the intensity of any subsequent wildfires
• Plant species to survive that rely on fire to regenerate.
• Any threats to life and property call 000
• Any residents affected by smoke are advised to close windows and doors, utilise air-conditioning and keep respiratory medication close at hand. Seek medical advice if you are susceptible to smoke impacts
• As a precaution, road users are advised to drive to suit conditions with the potential for smoke to reduce visibility.
Residual smoke may be experienced for up to one day.
More information on Council’s Bushfire Management Program is available at https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Environment/Bushland-Protection/Bushfire-Management