- Tuesday 25 May 2021
Date: Wednesday 26 May 2021
Time: Approximately 10am to 7pm
A section of Racemosa Environment Reserve at Landsborough will undergo a prescribed burn on Wednesday between 10am and 7pm, weather permitting, as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s Bushfire Management Program.
A 10ha section of the reserve is planned to be burnt and smoke impacts to surrounding residents and road users are expected to be minimal. However, smoke will be noticed in immediate areas around Landsborough, including the following roads:
• Hardwood Road
• Forestry Road
• Steve Irwin Way
• Caloundra Street
• Old Landsborough Road
• White Gums Street
• smoke plumes may be noticed from further afield.
To reduce the impact on animals, a fauna corridor will be maintained for wildlife.
• help to reduce the amount of fuel on the ground before bushfire season
• help to lessen the intensity of any subsequent wildfires
• help plant species to survive that rely on fire to regenerate.
• Any threats to life and property call 000.
• Any residents affected by smoke are advised to close windows and doors, utilise air-conditioning and keep respiratory medication close at hand. Seek medical advice if you are susceptible to smoke impacts.
• As a precaution, road users are advised to drive to suit conditions with the potential for smoke to reduce visibility.
Residual smoke may be experienced for up to two days.
For more information on council's planned burn program please visit our website.