Here are some of the milestone we achieved since the stadium expansion was first discussed:
- February – March: Queensland Government Ministerial Infrastructure Designation community consultation. Find out more through our news item.
- October - pledge of $20 million confirmed by the Queensland State Government.
- April - pledges of $11 million confirmed from local community philanthropists.
- February - The $2.7 million stadium lighting upgrade was complete to meet international broadcast standards. Read more.
- December - Concept design for stage one expansion approved. Council also agreed to commit $17 million towards the project, subject to matching funding being secured from each of the State and Federal governments and other sources. Read more.
- September - Concept design undertaken.
- KPMG Feasibility Study presented to council at the September Ordinary Meeting.
- Council engaged KPMG to investigate the feasibility of developing a national stadium on the Sunshine Coast. Read more.
- Grass mound construction, increasing capacity to 12,000. The new 36 square metre, LED scoreboard was also installed. Read more.
- Council adopted the Sunshine Coast Stadium Facility Development Plan 2015-2030. Read more.