This page contains a selection of key mental health support options. If you are struggling with your mental health please reach out.
Support for business owners:
- mental health and small business guide
- ahead for business - mental health support portal
- mental health information - Safe Work Australia.
Support for employees:
- employee rights and pay
- workplace mental health toolkit
- improve mental health at work
- workplace mental health.
Tips for staying mentally healthy
Beyond Blue tips for mental health:
- find a healthy balance in relation to media coverage
- access good quality information
- try to maintain a practical and calm approach
- try not to make assumptions
- remind yourself that this is a temporary period of isolation to slow the spread of the virus
- remember that you are helping others in the community avoid contracting the virus
- stay connected with friends, family and colleagues online
- connect with others via the Beyond Blue forums thread: coping during the coronavirus outbreak
- engage in healthy activities that you enjoy and find relaxing
- keep regular sleep routines and eat healthy foods
- try to maintain physical activity
- establish routines as best possible and try to view this period as a new experience that can bring health benefits
- if you are working from home, choose what hours you will work, take regular breaks and, establish a work space
- avoid news and social media if you find it distressing.