- Last updated:
- 26 Mar 2019
You will need approval from council to remove or damage vegetation (trees or shrubbery) in the Caloundra area if the vegetation is identified as:
- protected in Schedule 4 – Protected Vegetation Overlay Map 1 [PDF 4.8MB]
- on land identified in Schedule 2 of the Temporary Local Planning Instrument [PDF 2MB]
- is a tree within 10 metres of the high bank of a watercourse, which at a height of one metre above the ground level has a trunk with a girth of 70 centimetres or more.
You will not require approval from council if the vegetation is identified as:
- an exempt clearing circumstance [PDF 185KB]
- a Queensland government declared pest species [PDF 205KB]
- an environmental weed in the Caloundra City Plan [PDF 90KB].
If you need help to decide if you have protected vegetation on your property, please contact council's customer service centre.