- Last updated:
- 08 Aug 2021
- Payment arrangements can only apply to the current rating period and all payment arrangements expire at the end of the rating period**. You will need to reapply each rating period once you receive your new rates notice.
- If you are applying for a payment arrangement after the due date of the rates notice your first payment must be made within 7 days.
- If a payment arrangement is made after the rate notice due date, interest will be charged on the rate balance from the rate notice due date up to the date the arrangement is created.
- During the term of your agreement,
- If a supplementary rates notice is issued for a debit or credit amount you are required to contact council for your instalment amount to be adjusted.
- Interest will not be charged on your rates balance if:
- your payment arrangement is maintained and
- your rate account is paid in full by the end of the current rating period.
- You are responsible for ensuring the final instalment amount is sufficient to pay the balance of your rate account. All remaining balances will be charged interest from the date the arrangement defaulted until paid.
- Council reserves the right to deny or cancel the arrangement if it does not meet the required conditions or if the agreed instalments are not maintained.
Note: ** Current rating period means:
For rates notices issued in January, the half year period ending 30 June.
For rates notices issued in July, the half year period ending 31 December.