Find your closest free Sunshine Coast battery drop off point at:
Battery safety is a serious issue. Batteries should never go in your waste, recycling or garden organics bin! They are hazardous, flammable and could start a fire in the back of a truck or at a facility.
Give your batteries a new life - it's easy and free
- get a battery jar at home
- fill it with used batteries
- return to a drop off point near you
Why should you return your batteries?
There are a wide range of battery types all containing valuable materials. Returning batteries at a safe drop off location will:
- ensure those valuable materials get turned into something new
- keep toxic chemicals out of landfill
- reduce the risk of fire in trucks
- protect our community and keep them safe.
Return your batteries to a Sunshine Coast Resource Recovery Centre
You can return your single use or rechargeable batteries to council's Resource Recovery Centres at Beerwah, Buderim, Caloundra or Nambour free of charge.
- Single use batteries (alkaline and button cell batteries accepted) - batteries that can only be used once.
- Rechargeable batteries (Lithium Ion, Nickel-Metal Hydride, Nickel Cadmium (dry), Nickel Cadmium (wet)) - these might be from your power tools, e-scooter or electronic devices.
Or find a drop off point close to you at RecycleMate
Visit the Australian Battery Recycling Initiative website to obtain more information about battery recycling.