- Last updated:
- 08 Aug 2019
Council’s vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region—healthy, smart and creative—relies on efficient travel using extensive, integrated transport networks.
To help achieve this vision, and to reduce car travel, reliance on fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions, the Transport Community Group provides input and community feedback on all aspects of achieving a sustainable, integrated transport system for the region.
The group will help council adopt policies and a strategic direction on integrated transport systems for the region that reflect the views and needs of the community.
The group will play a key role in the implementation and delivery of council's Integrated Transport Strategy.
Other roles include:
- create a partnership between community and council representatives to obtain a balanced view with input from a wide cross-section of stakeholders
- discuss transport initiatives to benefit the travelling community in the short and longer term
- enable council advocacy efforts to reflect community views
- raise awareness of the range of transport related strategies and projects and ensure they reflect community needs
- representatives to advocate for sustainable transport in the community either individually or through their organisation.
The Transport Community Group meets quarterly and includes representatives from community organisations, industry and government agencies.
The group first met early in 2009 and includes representatives from across the community, industry and council.
For more information, please contact council's Coordinator Transport Strategy and Planning via council's customer service centre.