- Last updated:
- 13 Mar 2018
Flexilink trial services are pre-booked scheduled transport services that operate in areas with limited public transport.
Service details, timetables and route maps
Peachester to Beerwah Flexilink Service
Have your say
Residents were invited to provide feedback on the service between Beerwah and Peachester in January 2018. Submissions have now closed.
Feedback will assist council to determine the level of demand for this service, whether the service meet passenger needs, ultimately if the trial service will continue.
What are Flexilink trial services?
Flexilink services provide affordable, reliable and accessible public transport to people with fewer transport options. The services:
- operate on a pre-booked basis
- run three return trips per day, Monday to Saturday
- in most cases, connect with existing public transport services for onward journeys
- travel along a chosen route (people using the Flexilink service must meet the vehicle along this route)
- use a taxi in place of a bus.
Flexilink services are funded by council's Transport Levy on a trial basis to determine the demand for bus services in areas with limited public transport. They are not proposed as a long-term or permanent public transport solution.
The services reduce the need for single passenger car use. More public transport options available on the Sunshine Coast mean less people need to use their cars. This helps council work towards a sustainable environment.
How to book
- To book a Flexilink service phone 1300 511 163 and mention that you wish to book a Flexilink service.
- You must book your seat two hours ahead of departure or by 9pm the previous evening for the first morning service.
- If there are no bookings a vehicle will not be sent.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, advise the operator when you book.
- Adult $2.00 per single trip.
- Child or concession $1.00 per single trip.
The following transport cards are not valid on the Flexilink Sunshine Coast services:
- School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS)
- TransLink go cards.
To book a Flexilink service call 1300 511 163.
If you would like to provide feedback on the Flexilink trial services, email email@example.com or telephone council on (07) 5475 7272.