- Last updated:
- 21 May 2020
In response to the unique situation COVID19 has placed us, council is adapting its approach to grants and funding to meet changing needs. Successful grant recipients from previous rounds who are experiencing difficulty in delivering their project in this current environment are advised to contact the RADF Liasion Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issue so we can discuss options going forward.
The Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Sunshine Coast Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland. RADF funds are aimed at the development of emerging and established artists, creative practitioners and producers. RADF funding is awarded to projects that align with the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018 – 2038, which provides a 20 year vision for the region, placing artists at its core.
'The soul of our community is our flourishing arts ecology: nurturing connections, promoting experimentation and inspiring collaboration'
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
| One-off funding to assist in the research and/or preliminary development of ideas for new projects
|Project Funding||One-off funding for new, fully developed or established projects|
|Seed Funding||For organisations only. Up to three years of funding for projects with a strong prospect of commercial success in the long term|
|Individual Development||Funding to attend or present at professional development seminars, conferences, activities or appropriate arts events|
|Mentorship Funding||Funding is for local artists to engage in significant short term development activities with a suitably qualified mentor or established practicioner|
When is funding available?
- Applications can be submitted all year round. There are three rounds, closing 1st March, 1st July and 1st November.
What funding is available?
- Individual Development - $750 within Australia and $1,500 international
- Mentorship - Up to $5,000
- Concept Development - Up to $5,000
- Project - Up to $10,000
- Seed - up to $10,000 1st year, up to $5,000 2nd year and up to $2,500 3rd year
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 6-8 weeks from closing date.
How do I apply?
- Contact the RADF Liaison Officer on (07) 5420 8628 to discuss your project and ensure eligibility.
- Complete the online RADF grant application form. There are 5 categories, please ensure you apply under the correct category
- Applications must be submitted online.
- All applications are assessed by the RADF Panel who make recommendations to council.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Tips and tricks and more
- For further information about the RADF Program or help completing the application please contact council's RADF Officer on (07) 5420 8626
- For any technical support (eg assistancewith logging in or submitting applications) please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or email@example.com.
- Office hours are 8.30 am - 4.30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
Image: Jaguar Jonze, Rising Sun Photographer: Cam Attree Costume: Cindy Vogels for Racy&Lucky Hair: Louise Graham