- Last updated:
- 02 Jun 2020
COVID-19 Community Response Grants offer targeted financial assistance to community organisations impacted by COVID-19. The intent of this grant is to:
- assist community organisations to meet ongoing costs despite loss of revenue
- support community organisations to keep operating, alter the way they deliver services and maintain connection with each other and with the community
- strengthen the capacity and resilience of community organisations to prepare, respond and recover from emergency and disaster events
- stimulate the local economy by enabling community organisations to engage local contractors and procure from local businesses to undertake priority projects.
COVID-19 Community Response Grants include four categories:
Operational and Maintenance (funding up to $5,000): This category offers ongoing operational and maintenance funding to support not-for-profit community organisations experiencing financial hardship.
Continuity and Connectivity (funding up to $5,000): This category offers project funding to support business continuity, maintain service delivery and promote digital connectivity.
Capacity Building (funding up to $3,000): This category offers project funding to build skills, capacity and governance of community organisations.
Facility Improvement (funding up to $10,000): This category offers project funding for one-off building or site functional or aesthetic improvements.
Applications must respond to a COVID-19 impact and demonstrate evidence of financial hardship and/or need for funding assistance.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
When is funding available?
- Applications are currently closed.
What funding is available?
- Up to $5,000 in Operational and Maintenance category
- Up to $5,000 in Continuity and Connectivity category
- Up to $3,000 in Capacity Building category
- Up to $10,000 in Facility Improvement category
Eligible organisations are limited to two applications per round, and those applications must be in different categories.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- Applicants will be notified of outcomes approximately 3 weeks after round close.
How do I apply?
- Applications must be submitted online
- These grants are currently closed.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or email@example.com.
For more information on other grants aimed to assist groups affected by the COVID-19 environment, check out council's other funding opportunities webpage. Council's website has lots of information on Community Support to help you through this challenging time, including a practical At Home in My Neighbourhood #CovidKidness resource hub - which will help you stay informed about the different supports available across governments and the community sector.