- Last updated:
- 18 Nov 2018
Sponsorship is generally recognised as financial support received from a sponsor, associated with an entrant, event or organisation, which results in evident benefits for the sponsoring company (image/profile enhancement).
Sponsorship support can be of:
- an event
- an organisation
- an individual
- an object
- a team
Benefits offered to the sponsored group (or individual) by the sponsor can include:
- exclusive rights
- brand image
- product sampling
- signage rights
- media / publicity opportunities
- use of personalities for advertising and promotions
- retail or trade incentives
Things to consider
When looking for sponsorship, consider the following:
- How much funding is needed?
- What can you offer the sponsor?
- What are the benefits?
- What is the sponsorship value?
- Look at potential sponsors.
- Write a proposal to the sponsor.
- Plan the interview or presentation.
- Will you need a formal agreement?
- Look after your sponsor.
- Manage the relationship.
- Protect your sponsor.
Looking for sponsorship
This information is a guide to assist in grant funding. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org .