- Last updated:
- 13 Mar 2017
You can access grants from other organisations apart from council. You or your organisation may be eligible for external grants to:
- develop and run programs
- upgrade or construct new infrastructure
- buy and upgrade equipment.
Use the External Grants Directory to search for grants in your area of interest.
If your organisation provides grants or funding and you would like to list it on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your feedback about this directory is important to us. Please take a minute to complete this short survey.
External funding opportunities
- Search the External Grants Directory for these and other grants currently open for applications.
- Australian Government Grants - Visit the Australian Government website for details of various Australian Government grants which are available.
- Australian Government Community Grants Hub - Easy access for people and organisations interested in applying for community grants.
- Australian Sports Commission - There are a number of opportunities for individuals and sporting organisations to receive funding through the ASC.
- June Canavan Foundation - Funding for small grants of up to $20,000 and large grants of up to $50,000 are available to organisations in the focus area of sport, health or conservation. Applications ongoing.
- Bank West Easy Grants - Funding of up to $1,000 is available to not for profit groups that are Bank West customers. Applications are ongoing.
- Building Active Communities Workshops - FREE workshops for sport and recreation club volunteers.
- Indigenous Scholarships Portal - Scholarship opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians.
- Australian Communities Foundation Grants - Each year, ACF makes hundreds of grants to support charitable organisations and projects all around the country and internationally.
- Creative Partnerships Australia - Deliver funding programs that assist Australian artists and arts organisations to attract and maintain support from the private sector.
- Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal - Championing the economic and social strength of Australia's rural, regional and remote communties. Grant porgrams open at different times throughout the year.
Other resources for community organisations
Coalition of Community Boards
Presents: Strategic Planning Training for Small Community Organisations
When: Tuesday 28 March 2017, Arrive 8:45 for 9:00am - 12:30pm
Where: Room 6, Lake Kawana Community Centre, 114 Sportsman's Parade, Bokarina
Training facilitated by Maria Tennant.
Limited numbers. RSVP by Wednesday, 22 March to Ana on 0407 165 308 or email email@example.com
GiveNow - If you are a community organisation or not for profit organisation which is incorporated you can apply to receive donations on the GiveNow website. An initiative of the Our Community Foundation, GiveNow is designed to inspire and transform giving in Australia.
Our Community provides advice, tools, resources and training for Australia's not-for-profits.
Photo Opportunities - Community organisations have access to free professional quality photographs of their projects, activities and events. This website links these groups with amateur photographers keen to gain experience.
Sports and Recreation Governance Scholarships - Fifty $1,000 scholarships towards Diploma of Business (Governance) enrolments for sporting organisations to expand governance knowledge and skills.
Justice Connect Not-for-profit Law regularly runs webinars on a variety of topics that affect community organisations.
Building Active Communities Workshops is the Queensland Government's free online training program. Available courses include:
- Committee Management
- Financial Management
- Volunteer Management
- Marketing and Promotion
- Fundraising, Grants and Sponsorship
- Strategic Planning
- Laws Insurance
- Risk Management.
This information is a guide to assist in grant funding. For more information regarding sponsorships, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising money from a large number of people usually by an internet/social media campaign directed at people who want to see your project, event or activity go ahead or are keen to support it.
Chuffed is a Crowdfunding campaign that supports social causes.
- an event
- an organisation
- an individual
- an object
- a team.
Benefits offered to the sponsored group (or individual) by the sponsor can include:
- exclusive rights
- brand image
- product sampling
- signage rights
- media / publicity opportunities
- use of personalities for advertising and promotions
- retail or trade incentives.
Things to consider
When looking for sponsorship, consider the following:
- How much funding is needed?
- What can you offer the sponsor? - what are the benefits?
- Look at potential sponsors.
- Write a proposal to the sponsor.
- Plan the interview or presentation.
- Will you need a formal agreement?
- Look after your sponsor. - manage the relationship.
- what is the sponsorship value?
- protect your sponsor.
Looking for sponsorship