- Last updated:
- 16 Oct 2018
The Divisional Discretionary Festive Funding Program allows councillors to allocate funds for the purpose of encouraging not-for-profit community groups to take on the responsibility of festive lighting and decorating of business centres to benefit Sunshine Coast residents.
Each councillor from eligible divisions may allocate nil, all or part of their allocation to this funding program, up to a maximum amount of $5,000. A list of divisions which are eligible in this funding program is detailed in the availability notice.
The program is open all year, dependent on budget availability. Applications can be lodged at any time.
Applicants are encouraged to read the Divisional Discretionary Festive Funding Program Guidelines before applying for funding.
This program is available to organisations where the division in which they belong has no more than one council-funded decorated community Christmas Tree via the Festive Season program. To find out if your division is eligible please discuss with your local councillor’s office.
Currently Divisions 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 9 are eligible for this funding.
Who can apply?
Not-for-profit community organisations are eligible if they meet all the following criteria:
- they operate within the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area or are able to demonstrate that the project or program will benefit residents of the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area.
- they have appropriate insurance and adhere to sound Workplace Health and Safety practices.
- they are able to demonstrate viability as well as community / business support and consultation.
- they have met acquittal conditions for previous council grants and have no debt to council, or have entered into scheduled payment arrangements with council which are being adhered to.
Who cannot apply?
- Government agencies or departments of local, state or federal government
- Educational, religious or medical organisations, where the application is for the organisation’s core business
- be submitted on the required application form
- demonstrate a purpose that is in the public interest and in line with the program intent
- ensure the funded activity has not already commenced
- align with the priorities of council’s Corporate Plan
- adhere to the specific terms and conditions of this funding program.
Note: Only Divisions 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 9 are eligible for this funding.