- Last updated:
- 20 Sep 2018
Eligible Minor Grant applicants can apply for project funding up to $2000.
Eligible Major Grant applicants can apply for project funding over $2000 and up to $30,000.
Applicants requesting over $7,500 will require co-funding from the applicant. Please see Co-funding for more information.
Major grant applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their project with a council grants officer.
- Applications over $15,000 must be for infrastructure projects (for example, building a permanent structure or creating/upgrading a sports playing surface). Applicants are required to discuss their application with a council grants officer prior to submission.
- Infrastructure projects will require approval for the project from the property/land owner.
- Quotes are required for all items over $500.
Council is not able to be the sole funder for every project. Depending on the amount requested, gathering funds from other sources may be required. These could include:
- applicant contribution
- grants from other funding bodies (see Looking for Grants for other grant opportunities)
- in-kind support.
For the purpose of calculating co-funding, in-kind support may include time or effort contributed to the project, at no cost, by your group or any partnering individual, group or business. In-kind support can include:
- paid and volunteer labour
- administrative support
- rent free accommodation
- donations of materials, equipment or services.
In-kind hours are generally costed at $30 per hour. Council will only consider volunteer costs to a maximum of 20% of the co-funding requirement.
Sponsorship may include discounts offered by a business supplying a product to the project.
The following table charts the minimum contribution required for any project seeking council grants funding.
|Amount requested from council||Co-funding requirement||Council contribution|
|Up to $7,500||No requirement for co-funding||possible 100% of project costs from council|
|$7,501 - $15,000||50% of project costs from other source/s||possible 50% of project costs from council|
|$15,001 - $30,000||75% of project costs from other source/s||possible 25% of project costs from council|
Example Co-funding Table
|Amount requested from council||Co-funding requirement||Minimum total project cost|