- Last updated:
- 16 Feb 2018
This category supports infrastructure projects that involve the development, maintenance or improvement of buildings or land that contribute to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive community facility. Museums and Heritage buildings should apply under the Cultural Heritage category.
This category supports facilities that contribute to the development of one or more of the following:
- a positive sense of community
- a creative and artistic region
- healthy communities and active lifestyles
- safe communities.
Priorities (applicants must address all)
- Provide well maintained and accessible community facilities which enable opportunities for social interaction.
- Adhere to the principles of access and equity.
- Address issues of risk management or compliance with Australian standards.
- Have a current maintenance schedule.
In relation to applications for nature-based recreation infrastructure projects only, applicants must discuss the project with council's Recreation Trails Activation Officer prior to submission.
Note: Organisations with formal council tenure are required to complete any works required under their leasing arrangements prior to being funded for other projects.
Examples of projects:
- Erection of sheds or fences
- Creating or upgrading a sports playing surface
- Installation of irrigation or drainage systems
- Permanent facility signage
- Permanent structures
- Community gardens
- Solar power panels
- Water tanks.
Some relevant corporate documents include:
- Sunshine Coast Youth Action Plan
- Sunshine Coast Council Positive Ageing Strategy
- Sunshine Coast Access and Inclusion Plan
- Sunshine Coast Council Reconciliation Action Plan