- Last updated:
- 29 Dec 2016
Applications for the 2016 program are open year round. Please read this important information before you apply.
Who can apply
Not-for-profit community organisations who meet all of the following:
- operate within the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area, or are able to demonstrate that the project or program will benefit residents of the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area
- have appropriate insurance and adhere to sound Workplace Health and Safety practices
- are able to demonstrate viability
- have no debt to council, or have entered into scheduled payment arrangements with council that are being adhered to
- have met acquittal conditions for previous council grants
- meet the specific eligibility criteria of the funding program as set out in the supporting guidelines.
Who cannot apply
- Government agencies or departments of local, state or federal government
- Educational, religious or medical organisations, where the application is for the organisation’s core business
Projects eligible for funding
The emergency grant will fund one-off projects in the Sunshine Coast, which have arisen due to unforeseen circumstances as a consequence of:
- damage or
- loss of essential equipment or infrastructure.
The loss/damage/failure of equipment/infrastructure must significantly impact on the ability of the organisation to operate and/or deliver services, and/or have significant health and safety implications for the organisation and/or service users.
Note: Projects taking place on council land/building will require approval from council’s Leasing Department.
Projects not eligible for funding
- Projects that are covered by insurance
- Projects that are not urgent and that can be funded at a later date through a Major or Minor grant.
- Motor vehicle repairs
- The core business of medical organisations
- The core business of an educational (public and independent) or religious organisation, unless the project responds to an identified community need and provides wider community benefit - the applicant must be a not-for-profit organisation
- Infrastructure projects on privately-owned facilities or land
- Political activities
- Work to meet council’s development approval conditions or requirements
- Items included in another council grant application or to top-up funding for a previous council grant
|Grant type||Application form|
|Emergency Grant||Online application form|
Council offers support to grant applicants.
Recipients of the Emergency Grants Program are required to complete an online acquittal. For instructions on the online acquittal process and to access your online acquittal see our acquittal webpage.