- Last updated:
- 15 Apr 2020
- The 'Promoter' is the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
- Information about how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Submission of an entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to Australian permanent residents aged 12 to 25 years old. Employees, including permanent, casual and volunteer staff (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Entries open on Monday 26 August 2019 at 8:00am AEST and close on Monday 14 October 2019 at 5.00pm AEST (the ‘Promotional Period’). Any entry received after the expiry of the Promotional Period will be deemed invalid. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The promotion consists of a social media competition and a wheel of fortune opportunity.
- To enter the social media competition, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. Go to Google Play or iTunes and download the Speak Up Engage smartphone application;
b. Complete the survey in its entirety;
c. Post a photograph of the completed survey results on social media; and
d. Use the hashtag #SpeakUpEngage in the social media post.
- To play the wheel of fortune, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. Go to Google Play or iTunes and download the Speak Up Engage smartphone application; and
b. Complete the survey in its entirety.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Only one (1) entry per person may be submitted.
- The winning entry of the social media competition will be drawn at random by 5:00pm AEST Tuesday 15 October 2019. Winners will be notified by the Speak Up Engage app or via social media. Results are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the prize draw.
- Eligible entrants will have the opportunity to win (the ‘Prizes’):
a. 5 x movie tickets (at any establishment decided by the Promoter) by submitting a valid entry in the social media competition; and
b. $5, $25, & $50 gift vouchers (at any establishment decided by the Promoter) by playing the wheel of fortune.
- The Prizes, or any unused portion of the Prizes, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for Prizes not claimed within three (3) months of the draw date.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility if the promotion is not capable of running as planned due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter.
- Provision of contact information in the survey will be deemed as the entrant’s consent to their name, email and telephone details being available to the Promoter, in the event that they are a winner, for the Promoter to arrange delivery of the Prizes.
- For entrants under 18 years of age, completion and submission of the survey will be taken as the entrants’ parent, carer or legal guardian having given their consent to the entrants’ submission. It will also be deemed that the parent, carer or legal guardian has given their consent to the entrants’ name, email and phone details being available to the Promoter, in the event that they are a winner, to enable the Promoter to arrange of the Prizes.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using, reproducing and/or exhibiting submitted photographs for the purpose of advertising and promoting the community consultation and/or other Sunshine Coast Council documents, activities, programs and events. The photographs may be reproduced in any medium. The Promoter is not required to pay a fee to use, reproduce or exhibit any photographs entered.
- Entrants warrant in submitting a photograph, that it is their original work and that it does not violate or infringe upon the legal rights of any other person, including material which is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
- By entering the promotion, each entrant (or where the entrant is under 18 years of age, then the parent, carer or guardian) indemnifies the Promoter against all loss, damage, costs (including legal costs) and liability arising out of or in connection with the entrant’s breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter’s ownership of the entries extends to ownership of all intellectual property rights.