- Last updated:
- 25 Jul 2018
Council supports developing young people within the Sunshine Coast community.
Council is committed to helping young people achieve their full potential by:
- planning for their future
- providing a range of programs to support young people’s input in the community.
Sunshine Coast Youth Action Plan 2018 - 2021
Council adopted the Sunshine Coast Youth Action Plan 2018-2021 at is Ordinary Meeting on 22 March 2018. The Youth Action Plan aims to improve our connection with young people through improved communication and opportunities for involvement in community and civic activities.
Youth engagement opportunities
Applications for council’s Youth Engagement Program, Speak Up Engage are now closed.
For more information contact the Development Officer on (07) 5441 8186 or email YOUTH@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
Kids in Action
The Kids in Action program promotes Kids Teaching Kids as a way to help change the way people see and use the natural environment.
Sunshine Coast Libraries
Sunshine Coast libraries is committed to building programs that help young adults to be:
Youth sector support
Youth Connect network meetings
Council manages Youth Connect (regular meetings between youth service providers). These networking meetings provide a forum for the youth sector to:
- share information on youth programs, projects or services
- discuss partnership options and youth service needs.
Youth Connect meeting minutes
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - May 2018
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - January 2018
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - November 2017
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - August 2017
Council also includes activities and programs for young people in many of its other services:
- What's on calendar
- Facilities and Recreation Directory (includes information on beaches, parks and skate parks)