- Last updated:
- 09 Jan 2020
Council adopted the Sunshine Coast Youth Action Plan 2018-2021 at its Ordinary Meeting on 22 March 2018. The Youth Action Plan aims to improve our connection with young people through improved communication and opportunities for involvement in community and civic activities.
Youth programs - Speak Up Engage
The 2019 Speak Up Engage committee participants have now been selected. To stay up to date with all the relevant information regarding this program, please follow the Speak Up Engage Facebook page.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch with the committee, please contact the Community Development Officer on (07) 5441 8282 or email YOUTH@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
Speak Up Engage, Health and Wellbeing Podcast
Sunshine Coast Council has launched an exciting new podcast, delivered by young people for young people. The podcast will cover topics aimed at improving your Health and Wellbeing, covering everything from the latest Healthy Sunshine Coast programs to the adventure trails on the coast- there is something for every young person.
Youth programs - other
Sunshine Coast libraries
Sunshine Coast libraries is committed to building programs that help young adults to be:
Kids in ActionKids in Action program promotes Kids Teaching Kids as a way to help change the way people see and use the natural environment.
Youth sector support
Youth Connect network meetings
Council manages Youth Connect (regular meetings between youth service providers). These networking meetings provide a forum for the youth sector to:
- share information on youth programs, projects or services
- discuss partnership options and youth service needs.
Youth Connect meeting minutes
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - November 2019
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - August 2019
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - May 2019
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - January 2019
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - November 2018
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - August 2018
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - May 2018
Council also includes activities and programs for young people in many of its other services:
- Events calendar
- Facilities and Recreation Directory (includes information on beaches, parks and skate parks)