- Last updated:
- 12 Jun 2018
The Sunshine Coast Social Strategy 2015 was adopted by council in June 2015. It includes a commitment to strengthen the substantial contribution made by volunteers and volunteer organisations on the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Volunteer Sector Reference Group
The Sunshine Coast Volunteer Sector Reference Group brings together people with varied experience and expertise across different aspects of the volunteer sector, to guide the development and implementation of the 2016 – 2018 Volunteer Sector Action Plan.
The reference group will work with council to provide feedback and advice on matters relating to:
- volunteers / volunteering on the Sunshine Coast
- the 2016 – 2018 Volunteer Sector Action Plan
- Sunshine Coast Council’s target rate of 25 per cent community participation in volunteering.
- If your organisation is interested in being a representative on the Volunteer Sector Reference Group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Training and Events
|Training/Event Type||Day and Time||Details||Location||Registration|
|Chair and Secretary's Forum
||Thursday 28 June, 9.00 am to 1.00 pm including lunch||
- moderated panel discussion with local secretary's and chair.
- small discussion sessions about practical topics such as committee succession planning, ideas to recruit new committee members, transparency and managing conflict of interest in your committee, building committee agendas that help your board focus on the important matters, developing census decisions making through your chair role and other specific secretary and chairperson related topics.
- find out about local support opportunities that can help you with your secretary and chairperson role.
|Woombye School of Arts Hall, Woombye (small hall)||Please register by 25 June 2018 by emailing: email@example.com or call 0414 519 047|