- Last updated:
- 07 Dec 2017
A key action within the Sunshine Coast Multicultural Action Plan 2017-2020 (MAP) is to establish a Multicultural Advisory Group (the Group) to consult with on important multicultural matters.
The Group will provide expert advice and a structure for the delivery of the MAP priority areas and actions.
Council is currently inviting nominations for membership to the Group
- Membership is voluntary (out of pocket compensation is offered if participation sits outside the member’s core work responsibilities).
- Meetings will be held six time per year commencing in February 2018
- Members are appointed for the duration of the MAP until July 2020.
Membership is open to:
- Any member of the multicultural community who lives on the Sunshine Coast.
- Specialists and academics on multiculturalism and cultural diversity.
- Representatives of community groups, organisations, agencies and service providers who have a focus on provision of services to multicultural communities on the Sunshine Coast.
- Representatives from all levels of government who have a focus on provision of services to multicultural communities on the Sunshine Coast.
Nominees will need to demonstrate:
- Close connections to the Sunshine Coast area.
- Experience in working with multicultural groups/communities.
- An understanding of the needs and issues affecting multicultural communities.
- A commitment to making a positive difference for multicultural residents on the Sunshine Coast.
- An understanding of the MAP intent, guiding principles, priority areas and actions.
How does someone nominate?
- Nominees are strongly advised to read the Multicultural Action Plan and the Terms of Reference
- Complete the Nomination Form
- Send the completed Nomination Form and support materials to Community Development Officer, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre, QLD 4560 or email email@example.com
The nomination form and support materials must be received no later than 5.00pm on Sunday 7 January 2018.
How will membership decided?
Membership will be determined by a panel of professional representatives from the multicultural sector and Council, including the portfolio Councillor.
- Nominees will be contacted in the week commencing 22 January.
- Successful applicants will be inducted to the Advisory Group in the week commencing 5 February.
- Inaugural meeting in the week commencing 19 February 2018.
Please note there is limited staff availability over the Christmas break, for further information nominees can contact Kim Price on Ph. 5441 8385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org up until 15 December, 2017.
If the nominee needs language assistance to complete the nomination form in English they will need to access an interpreter through Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50.