- Last updated:
- 17 Aug 2020
Migrant Work Ready is a free program for people from a multicultural background.
The program prepares participants for the local job market and improves prospects to find local employment.
The program includes:
- eight weeks of employment ready workshops
- graduation and business networking event on Friday 6 November, 2020
- pathways to training, volunteering, work experience and/or mentoring opportunities.
Through the program you will gain an understanding of:
- Australian work culture
- how to make great first and last impressions
- how to practice active listening
- how to make your resume stand out
- growth of the region and job opportunities into the future
- job hunting
- hidden job markets and common job-hunting channels
- benefits of volunteering and existing opportunities
- how to maintain a positive mindset
- goal setting and career pathways
- developing and practicing an elevator pitch
- job interviews
- how to create a standout LinkedIn profile
- how to present and speak in public with impact
- local life and connecting with local people.
To be eligible you must:
- commit to attending all eight workshops and the graduation event
- be a resident of the Sunshine Coast local government area
- be unemployed and looking for work
- submit an expression of interest form by midnight Sunday 9 August, 2020.
Submitting an expression of interest
You can submit your expression of interest using the online form.
Submitting an expression of interest does not guarantee you a place in the program.
Applicants will be advised if they have been successful on Monday 17 August, 2020.
This is a program to get you ready for work, there is no guarantee of a job upon completion.
Dates and location
Held weekly on Fridays from 11 September to 30 October, 2020
9am to 12noon
Solbar Ocean St Maroochydore
If you need assistance with the expression of interest process please contact the Nambour Community Centre email@example.com or Ph 5441 4724.
Delivered in partnership
Sunshine Coast Council, Nambour Community Centre, Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce, Solbar, TAFE Queensland, Volunteering Sunshine Coast and Services Australia have worked in partnership to deliver the Migrant Work Ready program.