- Last updated:
- 27 Oct 2020
Migrant Work Ready is a free program for people from a multicultural background.
The program prepares participants for the local job market and improves prospects to find local employment.
The program includes:
- eight weeks of employment ready workshops
- graduation and business networking event
- pathways to training, volunteering, work experience and/or mentoring opportunities.
Through the program you will gain an understanding of:
- Australian work culture
- how to make great first and last impressions
- how to practice active listening
- how to make your resume stand out
- growth of the region and job opportunities into the future
- job hunting
- hidden job markets and common job-hunting channels
- benefits of volunteering and existing opportunities
- how to maintain a positive mindset
- goal setting and career pathways
- developing and practicing an elevator pitch
- job interviews
- how to create a standout LinkedIn profile
- how to present and speak in public with impact
- local life and connecting with local people.
To be eligible you must:
- commit to attending all eight workshops and the graduation event
- be a resident of the Sunshine Coast local government area
- be unemployed and looking for work
- submit an expression of interest form
Expressions of interest will be open in 2021
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Delivered in partnership
Sunshine Coast Council, Nambour Community Centre, Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce, , TAFE Queensland, Volunteering Sunshine Coast and Sunshine Coast Chamber Alliance Business Mentor Program have worked in partnership to deliver the Migrant Work Ready program.