- Last updated:
- 04 Feb 2020
Healthy Sunshine Coast encourages people to be well and stay active. This council initiative offers you opportunities to participate in a variety of different physical activities, workshops and events to maintain or improve your fitness levels and overall health and well being. Across the Sunshine Coast you will discover activities which are:
- free or low cost
- suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- great for beginners or people returning to exercise
- ideal as a 'come & try' introduction
- available on a casual basis - no memberships or extra fees
- a good way to socialise and meet new people
How do you Choose To Move?
We've kicked off 2020 with our 'Choose to Move' campaign which offers choices from Aqua to Zumba, Boxing, Circuit to Tai Chi, Pilates and Yoga and more including lifestyle workshops covering health and nutrition and mindfulness courses. You can choose to exercise at an outdoor session in some very special locations or head indoors for a class in one of the many community halls or smaller community based gyms. There's fast paced group fitness, running and adventure or low impact gentle movement, walking and classes especially for seniors. View 2020 launch eNewsletter
How to participate
It's simple to participate in Healthy Sunshine Coast. Browse through the various sections on our website, look for activities that interest you and are close to where you live or work. Select an activity and check out what you need to do to join a class, session or event. Some classes need to be booked as there may be limited places, most you can turn up and register on the day. Some sessions require online registration and/or payment on-line. Make contact with the instructor or facilitator if you have any questions.
What you need to know
Important: Always consult your doctor or health professional prior to embarking on a new fitness or exercise program and check back with them if your health changes during your participation. Please advise instructor of any illnesses, conditions and injuries prior to the start of each class.
- Wear loose fitting clothes and sturdy, comfortable shoes. Remember your water bottle and a towel
- Membership fees do not apply to Healthy Sunshine Coast activities in community based gyms and halls – attendance is on a casual basis.
- New to classes? Its always best to contact the provider who can answer any questions you may have
- First Class - Arrive an extra 5 minutes early to complete registration and health check form
- Regulars - When classes require booking, please let provider know if you are going to be absent or on holidays so someone else can take your place while you're away.
Choose to move in 2020! News and updates Healthy Sunshine Coast
Healthy Sunshine Coast is an initiative of Sunshine Coast Regional Council. Applications/Expressions of Interest are currently closed.
Please email us your details to receive an alert once EOIs for additional 2020 activities open email@example.com.