- Last updated:
- 15 Aug 2018
TAFE 12 week challenge
This 12 week program is aimed at improving the physical health and wellbeing of men and women in our community (15 to 60 years of age). It is a cost efficient and fun way to start a fitness program to get you on your journey to healthy. The program is aimed at men and women not currently getting the recommended physical activity each week.
The program is a partnership between Sunshine Coast Council and TAFE Mooloolaba. The TAFE Diploma of Sports Development students, under supervision of their teacher, will conduct the training and assessment of participants.
- participants register for their preferred session below, this will be their allocated session each week for the 12 week program
- only one registration per person
- each participant is to register for one team (only) but then can participate in more sessions if spaces are available. This will be advised by the student trainers after first session
- each group will be allocated three student personal trainers
- all assessments and training sessions will be held at TAFE Mooloolaba Campus - Lady Musgrave Drive, Mountain Creek
- at the initial assessment participants will be rated on strength, flexibility, endurance, energy levels and overall health
- the aim of the challenge is to improve the above over the duration of the 12 weeks. The trainer and participants will work together to improve the above with results and winners showcased at the end of the program
- participants aged 15 to 17 years will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- participants to bring water bottle and towel to each session
- a one off $30 payment is required to cover gym costs for the 12 week program.
- registration opens Tuesday 24 July 2018 at 9 am
- registration closes at 5.00 pm on Monday 13 August 2018 or prior if the session fills completely
- 12 week program starts the week beginning 27 August 2018
- 12 week program finishes the week ending Friday 30 November 2018
- the program will have a two week break from Monday 24 September to Friday 5 October 2018.
12 week challenge session timetable
|Team one||Monday||6.00 - 7.00 am|
|Team two||Monday||7.00 - 8.00 am||Registration closed|
|Team three||Monday||4.00 - 5.00 pm||Registration closed|
|Team four||Tuesday||7.00 - 8.00 am||Registration closed
|Team five||Tuesday||5.00 - 6.00 pm||Registration closed|
|Team six||Wednesday||7.00 - 8.00 am||Registration closed
|Team seven||Wednesday||5.00 - 6.00 pm||Registration closed
|Team eight||Thursday||7.00 - 8.00 am||Registration closed
|Team nine||Thursday||4.00 - 5.00 pm||Registration closed|
|Team ten||Friday||6.00 - 7.00 am||Registration closed
Healthy Sunshine Coast and TAFE term three classes
TAFE Queensland East Coast and council have partnered to deliver free group fitness classes for the community twice a week at TAFE Queensland East Coast Mountain Creek Campus.
Sessions are conducted by Certificate Four and Diploma of Fitness students in their final semester under the supervision of their qualified teacher. All sessions cater for all fitness levels, body shapes and sizes.
It is recommended you consult your doctor prior to embarking on a fitness program. This program is not available for children under 12 years.
Book in to one or both sessions and bring a friend along. Don't forget your water bottle and towel.
Term 3 - 17 July to 20 September 2018
|Activity||Location||Cost||Day and Time||Bookings|
|Boxing||Mountain Creek TAFE Campus, Lady Musgrave Drive, Mountain Creek||Free||Tuesday 6.15 am - 7.00 am
|Circuit||Mountain Creek TAFE Campus, Lady Musgrave Drive, Mountain Creek
||Free||Thursday 6.15 am - 7.00 am
*Please note TAFE classes break in school holiday periods.