- Last updated:
- 15 Dec 2020
With the staged easing of restrictions across the state and a return to activities in the community, the Queensland Government asks clubs and sporting organisations to make sure they are protecting any participants, spectators and visitors and look to minimise the risk of spreading infection.
Queensland Return to Play
In consultation with peak bodies, a range of information and resources have been released to support Queensland Return to Play.
The website is regularly updated so you are encouraged to check back often. It includes information on restrictions, restart planning and funding support. There is As well as specific advice for sporting clubs, recreation and outdoor activities, fitness industry members including gyms, studios and personal trainers.
COVID Safe Plans
The sport, recreation and fitness industry worked with the Queensland government to develop industry plans of behalf of their various industry segments. All organisations within the industry can access these plans (regardless of membership to an industry body).
Check out the approved plans for field sports, fitness facilities and outdoor recreation Sport and Recreation COVID SAFE Restart Plans.
Queensland Health have set up a portal to accept COVID Safe Event Plans from event organisers. Find the COVID Safe Event Plan Submission Portal here.
The planned event must be hosted in accordance with the following conditions:
- Fewer than 500 people (indoors) and 1500 people (outdoors) - can proceed by following the COVID Safe Event Checklist, no further approval needed
- Between 500 people (indoors) / 1500 people (outdoors) and 10,000 people - develop a COVID Safe Event Plan and submit via the portal for approval by the local Public Health Unit
- Over 10,000 people - develop a COVID Safe Event Plan and submit via the portal for approval by the Queensland Chief Health Officer
- Multi-day events involving on-site accommodation including camping - develop a COVID Safe Event Plan and submit via the portal.
Supporting Queensland's sport and active recreation industry
Keep informed of peak sporting organisation's latest news and information:
- Sport and Recreation Queensland
- Sport Australia
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Active Queenslanders Industry Alliance
- Sport and active recreation news
Volunteering QLD has some useful information regarding volunteering and COVID-19.
- Helping you navigate COVID-19
- Responding to a pandemic - a practical guide for Volunteer Involving Organisations
- Volunteering in response to a Pandemic: A practical guide for volunteers
To help support organisations and clubs through the COVID-19 pandemic and recovery period, Active Queenslanders Industry Alliance (AQIA) is offering access to a range of Webinars at no cost. To see what is being offered and register to participate visit Webinars Registration
To help transition to online services and navigate through the digital world, Connecting Up provide a list of free or heavily discounted resources for charities and not-for-profits. For more information visit Connecting Up.
Many businesses are having to change the way they do business and clubs are no different. You can update your online skills with access to council's Level Up - Digital Upskilling Program. For more information visit Level Up.
Organisations including business owners and employees can access council's free online wellbeing program. Join at any time visit B-Well and Prosper
COVID Safe Resources
As the community returns to play, being COVIDSafe is everyone's responsibility. We remind people to observe social distancing requirements which includes:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others
- Limit gatherings
- Avoid peak times and overcrowded areas
- Wash or disinfect hands regularly
- Avoid touching high use areas
Visit Queensland Health for the latest health advice and information on Social Distancing.